The first thing I want to say about timer topic on wiki Timers Is that it lies! It doesn't work the exact way that it tells you. And that was 90% of the problems that I faced with it. The version the person used is far from the up-to-date version that me, my class, and what I'm sure many other schools in this Globaloria project are using. What you have to do after you make your small dynamic box of text is go and put in the instance name that you need it to have. NEXT on ever bit of coding that it gives you where it has the name (They used "timer") take the instance name you used and add ".text" at the end of it. Doing this will make it work just the way it is supposed to.
Now, after doing that, which took me about an hour to figure out. No matter what I tried nothing would make it work, then I decided to go back and look at the Mini Game Project and there I found different things that were still close enough to compare the timer to the score keeping text box used. Eventually, after playing around with every other thing, I used the ".text" add on and it began to work. Once that headache was over with, I then got the idea to make it change to another page once the timer went to "zero". It worked out wonderfully well!

No comments:
Post a Comment