What are examples of games you played in the Playing to Learn topic that use storytelling to teach a concept well? How have other narrative games influenced your game?
Though not completely done, our sequence will be able to allow the player to understand what he or she should/will need in order to complete the objective of the game itself. Also, if the player manages to successfully go through the game, at the end there will be a "secret mission" that will need all of the players skills and knowledge learned and acquired throughout their experience of this game.
As I didn't play through all the "playing to learn" games there was one that used it's set of scenes to at least simi-effectively teach the player his or her desired skills and knowledge: Zeitgist .
Lastly, though I confidently say my and my team's game is orginal, we acquired many of our ideals from the countless games that the three of us have played over the years. Though I will have to give special credit to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, for giving me my starting inspiration.

No comments:
Post a Comment